Monday, September 26, 2011

Opportunities in Healthcare

Bett Martinez • There are great opportunities in health care if we can put “care” back in. I keep talking this up to any Silicon Valley VC I meet...unfortunately, (to my mind) they seem to be seeing opportunities only in tech sectors, like IT, social media.

My sense is that healthcare is needing much more "face-to-face". In today's terms, it would be "coaching", navigating.

But I remember the time when basic needs were met by Grandmothers! They had all kinds of remedies, both tangible and emotional, at their beck and call, and not until those were exhausted would they send family members forth to doctors and /or emergency rooms. There was rarely an error in their form of triage.

An American doctor proposed some time ago that this art be developed as a training.
Can say more, but only if interest is sparked.

Bett Martinez, M.Ed.
Broker / Consultant
Bay Area

No comments:

Post a Comment